Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Observers

Today, I watched a student walk into a door, and drop everything they were holding. Then all the students started laughing at the kid and called him Katie-Sensei. My name is what they call kids who are really clumsy.


It’s very humbling to have hundreds of students watching you every week. The power of so many students results in an extremely perceptive bunch. I have learned a lot about myself.

Whenever the students do an impression of me, they put on a big goofy smile, walk into something and drop anything they are holding. Whenever a student spills or drops something the other students tease them by calling them Katie-Sensei (what the students call me).

I didn’t get it at first, until I realized how ridiculously clumsy I am. I have bruises on my hips right at the level of the kids desks, I had no idea what they were all last semester until I ran into a desk yesterday, and suddenly my bruise was back.

Now that I’ve noticed, I cannot believe how absurdly clumsy I am. I really need to work on it, but frankly I have no idea how to cure clumsiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment