Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Those Words are Absurd

When you listen to a foreign language  words are first just sounds. When compared to your own language, some words just sound absurd.
Here are a few words in Japanese that sound so absurd I can't take them seriously when I hear them.

Fufu-
means married. Ben and I are fufu. Men already think getting married is emasculating  calling it fufu, is just adding insult to injury.

Niau- 
means it suits you, or it looks nice on you. Whenever people say this word they sound like they are trying to imitate a cat

Moshi Moshi
means Hello (esp. on the phone). It sounds like a sound a DJ would make with a record.

Waku Waku
means I'm excited. I like this word, because it sounds like the noise an excited penguin would make.

No comments:

Post a Comment