Friday, April 26, 2013

Seatte- Pikes Place Market and Seattle Art Museum

My sister moved to Seattle last September to live with her fiance and his family. It was interesting to see my sister in her new surroundings. The house was clean, beautiful, and tastefully decorated a great home to be invited into.
 Seattle is a haven for artists. I was impressed by all the little niches artists could make their mark in. I'm not sure I understood the nuances, or point, but I appreciated that it was there.

 We headed down to Pike's Place Market. I was impressed by all the local talent. I'm afraid my sister must have felt like she was leading around two really dumb puppies, because we we're both highly distractible  had to pee every five minutes, and would head of in random directions.
We were positively useless in our get lagged state, and were quite happy to enjoy a lovely latte in one of the many coffee shops.
Kelly was an impressive tour guide, she showed us many of Seattle's finest tourist destinations, and of course Seattle's most disgusting claim to fame the gum wall.
We all contributed our own pieces to the wall and tried not to inhale the sickly sweet smell that made your stomach churn as you walked past the nasty wall. 
My favorite part of our first day in Seattle was the Seattle Art Museum. There were some impressive pieces of art including a Pollock, and a temporary Rembrandt exhibit.
I love museums and have been to many. While the Seattle Art Museum does not have the largest collection, it stands out in my mind because of the museums impressive use of space. It felt spacious, and there was always ample room to look at any piece you were interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment