Thursday, April 4, 2013

Thailand - Phang Nga


 Phang Nga is an area of Thailand, with spectacular limestone islands, that jut out of the water creating a spectacular scene.


I was in awe at the amount of life on the steep, rocky islands. Trees clung to cliff faces, small crabs scuttled on the underside of caves, but my favorite creature we saw were the monkeys, who seemed just as interested in us as we were of them.


 We paid for a full day boat cruise for two. All we had to focus on was enjoying ourselves; the perfect objective on a honeymoon. We got to canoe through caves, swim on secluded beaches, and look at hundreds of beautiful islands.







I was surprised I had never heard of Phang Nga before, it is such a unique place.
The most famous island is James Bond Island, named for it's appearance in The Man with the Golden Gun. It was a cool island, and I couldn't help admire the guns on my handsome husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment