Thursday, February 28, 2013

This is a Warning Systems Test



In my hometown, we have warning systems test on the first Monday of every month at around 9 a.m. They are loud and annoying, but Japan has them beat.
This morning at 6, they decided it was an appropriate time to test the systems. I had to check with Ben several times that it was only a test, because I just couldn’t believe they would make such a racket at such a horrible hour.

I was especially grumpy at them stealing my sleep, because my  darling husband was possessed by a demon last night. He emitted smells I didn’t think were humanly possible, he elbowed me in the face half a dozen times, and took up snoring. I’m not sure if you could call it snoring, sometimes there was a distinct whistle, other times he did his best impression of a garbage disposal. I got very little sleep last night, so sacrificing an hour in the morning was miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment