Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Fuji-Q Highland

Yesterday for John Mark's last day with us, we went to Fuji-Q Highland, a theme park at the base of Mt. Fuji. It has four world record holding roller coasters. We only went on two of the rides because it was very cold, and you paid per ride. John Mark and Ben enjoyed the Eejanaika, and I joined them on the Fujiyama.


Takashiba- Holds the world record for steepest roller coaster made from steel. The drop is 121 degrees. This one is frequently rated at one of the scariest in the world.

Dodonpa- Held the world record for fastest rollercoaster, holds the record for fastest acceleration. This one frankly did not look very fun, it shoots you out at speeds so fast that no one screams, and then you go over one very steep bump, it is rated in the top 5 scariest rollercoasters in the world, and advertises that it is imposible to breath for most of the ride.

Eejanaika-  Holds the world record for most inverstion, and 14 flips during the ride. It is a 4th dimension rollarcoaster, which means the seats can rotate independantly of track. This one is rated in the top ten scariest rollercoasters, and one most nauseating (which is half of why I skipped it).

Fujiyama-Held the record for tallest complete circuit roller coaster, held the record for tallest roller coaster, held the record for tallest roller coaster drop, and held the record for world fastest roller coaster. It is consistently rated amongst the best roller coasters in the world, and I have to say, it is the most fun roller coaster I have ever been on. There are no inversions, but it really flies. I held onto my bar for dear life every time I floated out of my seat. It was incredible seeing beautiful Mt. Fuji as I flew through the skies.

If you love roller coasters, Fuji-Q Highlands should be on your bucket list. The rides are fun, the location is increadible, and you can brag about going on record breaking rides. I would not recomend coming in March or April because they frequently have to close the park early due to high winds, but they are open all year. I would say the best times to come are May, September, October, or early Novevember.

No comments:

Post a Comment