Saturday, April 28, 2012

Choices

America is the capital of choice. There is an entire aisle devoted to laundry supplies. There are 6 types of apples to choose from on any given day. There are menus that look like books (Cheesecake Factory). That is not the case in Japan. There is less variety of ingredients at the grocery store. Menus are short, and often very by the day, month, or season. I miss my option to choose, but I think my lack of choice is probably keeping me more satisfied. If I had more options, I would wonder more about the option I did not select.

I watched this video a long time ago, but I've been thinking about it a lot lately. It talks about the the correlation of choices, and our satisfaction.
Ted Talk- The Paradox of Choice

"The key to happiness is low expectations"-Barry Schwartz

No comments:

Post a Comment